Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Week.....





Hello Everyone.

I sure hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving and great weekend!!

I have had a very full and busy Thanksgiving vacation, but so much fun.

Monday and Tuesday I had two really good days at school... We did a lot of baking and cooking since we had a school Thanksgiving lunch.

Wednesday... I got to go swimming and do my laps... :)

Thursday Mom and I decided to go to the LA Zoo for the afternoon. It was so much fun. Santa's Reindeer just arrived, so I got to see them. Never seen actual Reindeer before.

But our first stop was at the Harbor Seal tank. :)

We got to see the baby Koala come down with its mom from the warm heated area where they sleep to eat some eucalyptus. We spent probably a good 45 minutes watching them. The baby is sooo cute.
After that we went to the Gorillas. The Silverback; Kelly was so funny making lots of expressions. The baby; Glenda was cuddled up with her mom; Rapunzel sound asleep. So adorable.

We moved on to the lions who were sound asleep, the giraffes were busy eating, and the Chimpanzees all had there back to the audience. Did you know that Chimpanzees and Gorillas do not like to be looked at? They don't. They don't like to be "starred" at, so they will turn their backs to you when they have had enough. We then headed up to the Tigers, Hippos, and Sun Bear. Nothing too exciting was going on with them, so we headed down to the Orangutans; another favorite. We love the male one. He is so adorable. However, getting a good photo of any of the Orangutans is quite difficult due to the fencing and a very glared window.

After a little while with the Orangutans we headed back over to the Gorillas and Koalas on our way out. Nothing too exciting going on with them. Just a few more expressions from Kelly (Silverback) and a few sleeping Koalas.

Mom and I had a great Thanksgiving day together! We couldn't of asked for a better day.

Friday mom saw that the other outfit I wanted from JCP was 70% off, so we got up and walked down to the mall. It was crazy! Thank goodness the weather was nice, and we lived close (a little over a mile) from the mall that we could walk. The parking lots and streets were unreal. The people in the stores were a little overwhelming for me, and I was still tired from the day before, but thoroughly enjoyed shopping. Mom got me a few things at great prices. We only went to JCP and then to Target to pick up a spice that we needed in order to make mom's special pumpkin pie later.

Grandpa and Grandma arrived at the house just as we left the mall, so grandma walked towards us to meet. :) I was very tired and cranky on the walk home since by then the wind had really picked up. Didn't do much the rest of the day. Lots of resting, cartoons, and of course, I helped mom make the pumpkin pie. :) I had to show grandma how well I am at baking these days. :) She was very proud of me. I loved tasting the pumpkin. I had quite a bit. It was sooo good. Grandpa was over at a friends house watching a football game.

Saturday morning came and bowling was scheduled after all today. YEA! I have to practice for my Special Olympics Tournament next May. Therefore, grandpa headed off to the USC-Notre Dame game with his buddies (BTW..., I am wearing my red today to cheer on USC) and grandma, mom, and I headed off for bowling. Grandma bowled with me and skunked me and my new friend; Thomas. Thomas is an older gentleman and blind. Such a character though. He was fun to bowl with. Our scores were really close, but he did beat me. I will beat him next time! :) I was still tired from shopping yesterday. :)

Two hours after bowling, we headed to Costco and then home. We finally got home and I was so tired. Mom cooked grandma and her dinner and I napped. Later after dinner, I was awake and ready for some action, so grandma, mom and I all sat on the couch, used the angel box and played yahtzee bundled up in blankets. It was chilly. I wasn't too sure about sitting in between grandma and mom. I loved it. Don't get me wrong, but I have never done that before, so it was different. Grandma and mom weren't doing too hot in yahtzee and never did get a yahtzee, but I sure did. Two times in a row! I skunked grandma and mom!! Mom had a hard time taking photos of me playing, but this is what she got. Oh and I loved holding the pen, so I wrote in all the scores after each play.

I am sleeping in late today since I have school tomorrow, but when I get up, mom is going to take me swimming to do my laps and later we will go for a nice walk if the weather holds. Grandpa and grandma already left this morning quite early.

Hope you all have a wonderful week! :)

Love,
Kayla





1 comment:

* Amanda * said...

It sure sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving and break from school Kayla! Pumpkin pie is definately a favorite around here too - glad you got to enjoy some. :)

Love and miss you,
Daddy, Amanda, & Alayna