Monday, November 24, 2008

Holiday Fun Begins... :):)


Hello Everyone!


Thanksgiving is just a few days away... Is everyone ready for Turkey??? I know I am. Going to taste it all! However, mommy and I have decided to stay home over this holiday, so we won't be doing our Thanksgiving dinner till Friday night with family. At school, I have been helping with making Thanksgiving items such as stuffing and pumpkin pie. We made some pumpkin pudding last week and I sure liked that.

This last Saturday, mom and I did holiday things. We hung up the lights outside before the storm comes in this week, but we are not turning them on till after Thanksgiving. I was a big help as you can see :) :



Mom ran out of blue lights. We also added our window light angel, but mom had already taken this photo. In the large window, in the middle, that is where the lighted angel is.

After wards, we went into the kitchen to start baking pumpkin bread for friends and family and chocolate chip cookies for grandpa. I loved it. We first did the bread. Oh, here is a video of mom trying to get me to beat the eggs... She never got me to, but later in the day, I did mix up the seasonings and water with my blender. :) Most of you haven't seen this side of me that you will see here in the video, so enjoy: (short)



Sorry about the crazy non edit at the end, but mom couldn't figure out how to edit it on the computer. Batteries died, so mom had to change them. After the change, it worked, but mom ended up doing operating the beaters and I laughed. :)

I tasted the pumpkin out of the can. It was soooooo good. :)










We took a break from baking. A few hours later we returned to the kitchen to make grandpa his chocolate chip cookies. I was tired and not up to par at first, but about halfway through, I perked up.

In this photo, mom was so pleased that I was holding the spoon by myself and kept a grip on it. She had to get my medicines for my treatment that I was doing and so since I am now 12 in a half years old, she knows I no longer hit the bowls over, hit the end of the spoons to make them fly across the room, etc. She is trusting me more and more. :)



I helped with the whole baking process. Measuring, stirring, pouring, mixing, beating, spooning out the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet, etc. I really enjoyed it.






Mom let me dip my finger in the cookie dough and taste it. That was fun! It tasted okay.

Sunday grandpa and grandma came down to stay the night at my house. Grandpa went visiting his friends and grandma, mom and I went to the mall.. Yeah! Shopping with grandma! Its been a while since grandma has gone with me to the mall. She got to see just how demanding I have become. Well, she says that I am demanding, but I don't think so. I just love shopping which I take after her, her sisters and my great grandma, so... Plus, I am just a 12 1/2 year old girl that needs to keep up with the styles! :) Yep, grandma and mom went in together to get me an outfit that I picked out. :) It's South Pole and there is some design on one side of the pants. The photo is from mom's phone and the boots I already had.



Hope everyone has a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving!! :)

Love,
Kayla

No comments: