Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My New Sport.....

Hi Everyone....

I hope you are enjoying fall, or those of you that have fall weather. :)

Last weekend mom had to go to Tehachapi for a football game, so I got to go to Grandpa and Grandma's house. However, before we went to Tehachapi, mom picked me up early from school, so I could go swimming. I had so much fun and did lots of laps. Then we headed to Tehachapi to my great grandpa and great grandma's house to visit before mom left for the game. It was very cold there unlike 75 degrees in Ventura when we left.

Grandpa and mom went to the COLD game, but had a good time. Grandma and I got to stay in where it was warm. :)

I didn't sleep in very late on Saturday, so since it was very nice out, grandma, mom, and I went to the golf course to hit golf balls. Grandma and I do great as a pair, but mom strikes me out, so I fired her early on. I love to play golf. The real thing! I had only played miniature golf about 8-9 years ago, but this was so much more fun. I would watch grandma as she placed my hands correctly on the club. Then I would watch the swing and where I would hit the ball! I did well.

Please click on image to view full size......

After we got back from playing golf, we went for a walk to the mailbox to get grandpa and grandma's mail. The neighbors up the street were out with their horse and brought it over to me, so I could pet it. It was a very friendly and lovely horse.


Then Saturday evening came and we were all getting ready to go out to dinner for grandma's birthday. It was her birthday! Grandma decided she wanted a few pictures at the last minute, so in 5 minutes, mom took a few photos of us, which she is going to redo when she can take her time. :)

From left to right: My grandma, my grandpa, me :), great grandma, great grandpa and mom.



YUP! That's my turkey that I made a few years ago at school for Thanksgiving holiday. :)


Off to dinner we went. I had a good time. I got to try some of my grandpa's mashed potatoes, some salad dressing and of course, the Mudd pie cake. I love the Mudd pie cake!! We forgot the camera. Well, mom did!

Sunday morning we woke up to heavy rain and winds, dense fog and spitting snow. It was only 34 degrees at 9am, but we still went to the buffet for breakfast. Guess what? Mom forgot my camera again. Therefore, I will explain my breakfast of taste :) I am really getting into tasting things by mouth. So mom took me to the buffet, and I choose what I wanted to taste. Mom got my plate and put little dabs around the plate. The dabs consisted of: yogurt salad (part of dressing)-yummy, potato salad dressing part - okay tasting, biscuit gravy - yummy, strawberry filling - yummy, apple filling - yummy, peach filling -my favorite, sour cream - I skipped, and I believe that's it. Grandpa and grandma laughed when they saw my plate. Oh, I had a taste of syrup too. Yummy. I sure was full when I had enough of tasting, that I took a nap. :)

We went back to grandpa and grandma's house. Mom and I got ready to go home. I didn't want to leave, and I was in my pout mode until we stopped at Walmart in Canyon Country on the way home, and I was happy again (shopping)!

This Friday, mom and I are heading back up to Tehachapi as she has another game to go to. I get to go to grandpa and grandma's house and stay warm! Saturday I have bowling again, so we will leave early to make it back in time for that.

Hope you all have a great week and weekend!!

Thank you for all the comments. I love hearing from you!

Love,
Kayla

1 comment:

* Amanda * said...

Hi Kayla!

It sure sounds like you had a fun filled weekend. And good for you for trying lots of new yummy flavors! Very sweet family picture - I love your tights! :)

Take care! Love and miss you!

Daddy, Amanda, & Alayna