Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween glitters

I apologize for being late on my Halloween wishes, but I have been so busy with school, swimming, visiting with my Grandpa and Grandma and so much more. My Grandpa and Grandma came down to stay a few days with mom and I. We were so busy over the couple of days swimming, walking, shopping and of course, trick or treating last night.

Halloween day was so much fun. I was a pirate and Cubby Bear was Peter Pan. We made a great match. I had a great time at school, once I woke up. Cubby did too. :) I was up late the night before watching Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was a good movie. I don't remember the whole name. I got some candy at school in my trick or treat bag that my step mom made me and I made a couple of Halloween things at school.


When I arrived home, I showed mom, grandpa and grandma what I made and my candy in my bag. Grandpa loves snickers, so he took those. :) I was laughing and smiling the whole time. I loved coming home to grandpa and grandma at my house. Then grandma and mom took me up to Pediatric Diagnostic Center to see my doctors, nurses, office staff (show them my costume and wish them a Happy Halloween - no doctor appts). Lots of witches there......



I came back home and took my costume off to watch cartoons, took a long nap as I had to make sure, I was ready to go out trick or treating. Grandma rocked me while I took a long nap. My favorite spot for a nap!

Halloween glitters

A beautiful evening it was as we headed out for trick or treating just after dark, and I loved it. I didn't take my tray and toy because I had to hold my bag and open it when I went to the different houses. No one was out. It was weird. Eventually, we came across a few other trick or treaters, but not many. I think they all went to the mall to trick or treat. I had so much fun and got the hang of it quite fast; going up to the door, mom or grandma knocking on the door, me holding my bag with help from my mom or grandma to open it up, and then onto the next house. :) There were quite a few houses that you could trick or treat on your own. They would leave a "witch" pot with candy in it and a note on their front porch. Never experienced that before. We were out for an hour or so

.

Once we arrived back at home, I showed grandpa all my goodies that I got in my bag. He was excited that I gave him the popcorn and snickers. :) His two favorites. Grandma took the tootsie rolls and several others. I kept the plain m&m's as those are my favorites. I am giving the rest of the candy to my friends.

So, I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween!!

P.S.
During my fall break, I made a few things.



Love,
Kayla

1 comment:

* Amanda * said...

Kayla you look so good as a pirate! And Cubby looks good too! :) I hope you had a great Halloween - it sure looks like it!

Love and miss you,
Daddy, Amanda, & Alayna