Sunday, September 7, 2008

September.........

Hi Everyone..... :)

September finally arrived which meant that I got to start swimming at the Y. :) Mom takes me a few times a week, and I love it. Its indoors, warm and doesn't have the strong chlorine smell. :) Mom makes me do 2-3 sets of 12 backstrokes per arm and kicks per leg. Mom is going to meet with my therapist this week to look at catalogs to see if there is something she can get for me to use in the pool, so she doesn't always have to hold me. Although, that means she can really make me practice my kicking better. Hmmmm... maybe I should try to make her forget the meeting. :)

I have been very busy with school and swimming. Last week Mom took me swimming 3x and Grandpa and Grandma went to the pool with us one evening. They were camping out at the beach this last week. :) I got to see them a few times. :) Grandpa took the pool photos below. :) Isn't he a good photographer? :) I think so. :)



However, September also means football season starts. Yep, yesterday (Saturday) - YUCK!, boring and I would much rather be home watching cartoons, going on a walk or swimming, but not sitting at a hot football game watching mom take photos of her clients. Although, I do like the High School Varsity game because its dark out, I get to lay down and play in the stands and listen to the band play. :) Plus I get to stay up past my bedtime. :) Mom and I got up early yesterday morning to go up to Tehachapi for 3 football games. Mom had to photograph the 4 boys below playing. Then we came back home late last night after the varsity game. I know.... I don't know what mom was thinking when we could have stayed at either great grandma and grandpa's (Roberts) house or grandma and grandpa's house (Jacinto). When we finally arrived at home lastnight, I sure let mom know it was not a good idea by being very loud going from the car to inside the house just before midnight. :)



We really had a nice day in Tehachapi visiting and seeing old friends, neighbors and my great grandparents. I did get to see my grandma for a few minutes. Mom said it was so nice being back in Tehachapi as she really misses it. I do to, but I sure do love my swimming, school and walks here in Ventura. :)

Over labor day weekend, mom and I had to take our car down to Stanton, CA to get the module changed out of it. So on the way home mom took me shopping for Cubby. I got 2 gift cards for Cubby's store for my birthday, and we don't have a Build a Bear store where I live, so we got to stop at one on the way home. I had so much fun shopping for Cubby, even though I was really tired. I got a closet/armoir for her, pj's and a swimsuit that came with a towel and beach bag. She really needed an armoir so I could have my dresser drawer back. 6 drawers and a closest just aren't enough. Usually mom doesn't let me spend all my money on one Cubby shopping spree, but since we very seldom get to a store, she let me spend all of it. :) Although, there is one kind of on the way to Grandpa and Grandma's house and grandma loves to go shopping. :) :)



Oh... Mom did my toe nails and at first we weren't sure about the blue, but its growing on us. We kind of like it now.. What do you think?? Let me know via guest book or comment below...



Well, I need to get to bed. I have school tomorrow (YEAH!!) and I have a busy week ahead of me (school and swimming during the week and then football games next Friday night and all day Saturday). Hopefully, on Sunday I can go swimming.

Football............... Just what is mom thinkin!

Love,
Kayla

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kayla...I think the blue toe nails are pretty wild and quite becoming for a party girl like you! I'm glad you are able to go swimming at the Y it sounds like you're having a lot of fun doing it.

Don't be too hard on your mom about the football game...I love football especially Notre Dame football! You tell your grandpa that I'm hoping my football team will beat his USC Trojans when they play later this season! :)

Dan

* Amanda * said...

Hi Kayla!

We are so glad you are enjoying swimming! Your dad knows how much you like it.

And you picked out some very nice things for your bear! That wardrobe thing is way cool. : P

Hope you are having a fantastic week at school!

Love and miss you,
Daddy, Amanda, & Alayna