Sunday, August 24, 2008

7th Grade in Style

Last Tuesday was my first day of 7th grade. Junior High School. Can you believe that I am already 12 years old and in 7th Grade??? Mom can't.

Since I am in 7th grade this year, I decided to toss out the backpack tradition and get a messenger bag with a matching lunch box. Well that was my theory for this year since the last 9 years of school, I have had a backpack.



Grandma made me some bags this summer including this lovely one for my canopy. Its great as my canopy fits perfectly inside it and I can attach the bag to the back of my chair. Thank you Grandma! :)



I had a great first week of school.... We had two birthday parties in class which were so much fun. Ya know, I love to party. I got to listen to music, hang out with my friends, welcome a new student, help make breakfast sandwiches and spend some time outside.

My first day of school, I wore an outfit that my dad and step mom sent me. Mom took this picture of me after I got home from school.



My second day of school, I wore an outfit that my grandpa and grandma got me. Excuse the quality as mom took the next two photos with her cell phone.


(cell phone)
I am awake this morning for school. I woke up at 6am to make sure I was going to school. :) Mom doesn't usual wake me up till 8:15a.m. to put me in my chair to finish getting me ready but I was just so excited to be going to school again.


(cell phone)

On my third day of school I wore an outfit I got for my birthday this year from my great Grandpa and great Grandma.



And on my last day of school for the week, I wore the shirt that my step mom made me. You can see all the different styles and outfits she makes at http://alaynascloset.blogspot.com.



I haven't adapted yet to my school schedule and am usually tired by the end of the week, so I am still quite sleepy in the mornings. Although, I am pretty much that way till I get to school all year around. :)

Hope to post some photos of me at school to share with you all soon. :)

Till then, have a wonderful week.

Love,
Kayla

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow it sounds like you had a full action-packed first week in school...I'm sure that how you like it beimng the 'party grl' that you are! :)

Its hard to believe you are in Jr High School already...when you think about that is starting to make your mom sound like she's getting older. Shhhh please don't tell her I said that....some people are funny about talking about theur ages. :)

Enjoy your week in school.

Dan

* Amanda * said...

You were really stylin' your first week of school Kayla! Nice outfits! I can't believe how big you are and in 7th grade! And I love your new messenger bag too!

Have a great week at school!

Love and miss you,
Daddy, Amanda, & Alayna